Location: Chicago, IL
- Material:Coated Aluminium Composite Panel
- Floors: 2
- Interior and Exterior Update Completed 2014
- Type of Service: Painting/refinishing
- Project Duration: 2 months
- Project: This urban luxury apartment building was updating the color scheme of the lobby interior and exterior. The existing green window mullions were no longer relevant to the new color scheme for the remainder of the building facade that had recently been re-painted. The project architect chose a color several shades darker than the facade color for the interior and the exterior window mullions and sills on the first and second floor. Waterproofing sealants were removed from all metal to metal joints and thoroughly cleaned and prepped prior to painting. All joints and extrusions were electrostatically primed and painted with a high quality architectural finish then re-caulked with silicone sealant once the paint had cured. The updated contemporary look of the metal enhanced the overall appearance of the retail areas and the building overall.